Enzo Heads to the USA
Enzo Aguiard is beginning a new chapter in tennis and life. He has accepted a scholarship with the University of Alabama a Division 1 College in the Southeastern Conference. Currently, Alabama have playing roster of 13, which are supported by three coaches, an athletic trainer and a strength and condition coach.
Alabama have a quality coaching staff and program the head coach George Husack has made great improvements since he started. Alabama has made the National finals over the last three seasons and, before the onset of Covid, was ranked 17th in the country. His commitment is to not stop here stating "My vision for this program is to be a championship contender, not only in the conference stage but also on a national stage".
The University of Alabama have a substantial sports and athletics program. You can find all sports with a simple google search and each has its own website, Facebook and Instagram pages.
Enzo has made great leaps with his tennis. In the last Australian ranking he jumped up a further 21 positions to No.73. In his last three tournaments he made the quarterfinal of the Vic Clay Court championships (loosing in 3 tight sets to the eventual runner up). Won the Mornington Gold over Easter and made the semifinal of the Vic Grass Court Championships (which he lost to the winner Dayne Kelly).
Enzo did not apply to University he was approached by the Alabama scouts last year and offered a position along with a full scholarship to study Management Information Systems over a four year period.
Outside of the college tennis season the coaches and players travel together to tournaments around the country. Enzo hopes to make the most of this opportunity and see if he can make his way into the futures tournaments.
Enzo leaves on June 17th and we here would like to wish him the very best in the USA.
Our facility is now open for members and public hire with restricted access.
Please note the following guidelines:
* Singles and doubles permitted.
* Individuals can only play for a maximum of two hours and one session daily.
* Hours are 8:30am- 9:00pm (Monday – Thursday) and 8:30am – 6:30pm (Friday – Sunday)
* Office staff will be onsite at these times.
* Book a court online and enter through the coded gate near court 10.
* Always have a mask available to use. Practice physical distancing at all time by being 1.5m apart.
* Use hand sanitiser - some is available on site.
* Every player must sign in – Via QR code or at the office window on arival/ before playing.
* Water your court before play, and bag afterwards.
* Once finished leave the club asap.
Spectators are not encouraged.
Bring your own racquet, sandshoes, balls and water bottle.
Womens Beginner Coaching - $80 for 8 weeks
We are excited to provide our Womens Beginners Tennis Program, with the help of a Grant from Sport and Recreation Victoria, at an extremely affordable cost with a professionally accredited coach. Two programs every term for all of 2021. One on Thursday afternoon and the other on Sunday afternoon.
This program is designed to help women get from a complete (or as near to complete) beginner to having the confidence to play tennis at a social level where you can feel good about joining a social tennis hit or playing with your friends.
For more information click here
To register click here https://play.tennis.com.au/RoyalParkTennisClub/Coaching
Annual Report 2020
click here for a copy if the 2020 Annual Report in PDF
Book a Court
Book a Court is for use between:-
8:30 am and 9.00 pm Monday to Thursday.
8:30 am and 6:30 pm Friday to Sunday.
Please report to the office.
Players can access their court by using the Pin provided when booking online.
Please ensure you play on the court you were allocated when booking.
Ensure you WATER court before use and Bag and Water after each set or 30 mins and at the end of play.
The club can be contacted on - 93801259 or 0419 560 436.
2020/2021 or 2021/ 2022 Membership
Membership for the 2020-21 or 2021-22 financial year is open. RPTC would like to remind all current members to renew their membership. We would also like to invite potential new members to consider our Club. For all Membership details please go to the Membership tab on this site and download the appropriate forms. There are many benefits with becoming a RPTC member here are some:
- * access to Club facilities – courts, clubhouses, playground, TV lounge/bar,
- * 14 great courts, with special rates (day & night); on-site staff to assist with bookings etc;
- * tennis options (social & competition), junior & adult choices; Personal Accident Insurance,
- * & various Tennis Victoria member benefits – see Tennis Victoria’s website – look under “member benefits”.